Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Tuesday

JaNuArY finished!

Polymer clay face

Herringbone stitched cording


"Blanket of Snow"

This months tag went by in a breeze, not sure why, maybe because I like the little face in it sleeping peacefully. After struggling with Novembers and Februarys tags I was hesitant to start January, but jumped in full force anyway. I had already picked out the very shiny iridescent fabric I knew I wanted to use for the night sky. It's a very shiny lame material. I made the little face of polymer clay. January tag is called "Blanket of Snow". I love love love snow. Living in California we don't get any except in the high mountains. But everyday I look out my window and see the beautiful snow caps of the Sierra Nevadas just poking in the sky full of that beautiful white stuff. Snow to me is magical and always very very quiet and peaceful. Growing up in Albuquerque we got a lot of snow and memories of full blown snow storms are very vivid. It literally blanketed the city and it's funny how it muffles out all city sounds. I always slept so snug and warm in my bed those nights. Hopefully this reflects a little bit of that. The snowflake pattern can be found on my main Bead Gypsy blog. The snowflakes here however have one more tip added to them. Now I only have December to finish up as well as this months. Hopefully I'm back on my beading 'roll' and beading for pleasure as usual.

18 comments:

Lynn said...

Jacquie, these tags are so adorable! I don't know which one I like the best. That ribbon wrapped heart is really neat, and that snowy blanket is very peaceful, makes me go ~sigh~

I am looking forward to seeing more!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Jacquie, this tag is especially so cool! Its just a beautiful work of art. Its perfectly symbolic of a peaceful winter night...hopefully gone now until next year!!LOL

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Your face looks so peaceful in the blanket of snow. Beautiful work!

Marty S said...

This makes me think of moonlight on a snowy night. Beautiful! And thanks for the link to the snowflake pattern. I may try it before most of our snow melts away later this week.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

Jacquie said...

Thank you all for the nice comments!!! Enjoy the snowflake pattern Marty.

Tracey Leeder said...

Jacquie, I think this tag is my favorite of yours! I love how you even used snowflakes in your cording! The face is so pretty, love the little snowfalke touches too. Beautiful!

Muriel said...

Your tags are very, very beautiful, I like a lot january tag.

heidibeads said...

I think I've mentioned this before but I'll do it again - I really like this idea of tags. All three of these are awesome. I'm liking each one for many reasons but their all great. Thanks oh and thanks for the look see of Lance!

Robin said...

What fabulous snow associations... especially the muffled sound and sleeping snug! Your Jan tag is my fave so far.. guess I too love the face and the way you've placed it in your piece. I'm keeping a copy of this picture in my files! Robin A.

Jacquie said...

Thanks again for all your encouraging comments and I feel honored Robin that you would keep a copy in your files.

Jacquie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KV said...

I simply love this piece!


Kathy V in NM

kt said...

Jacquie, I just saw all your "caught up" tags...they're wonderful! I don't know why you stress so much.
:) kt

Anonymous said...

Your tags are little treasures which I can see are going to become priceless heirlooms. Don't forget to print out your journaling so that your family can see your wonderful bead journey.

Jacquie said...

That's a nice idea happy jacqui, I hadn't thought of printing the journaling, but I think I just might do that.

Timaree said...

Your tags are so wonderful. You are doing a great job with them. Hang in there. Itty bitty steps still get a person down the path! (That's what I'm telling myself too).

Padparadscha said...

Very nice !

Bobbi Ann said...

Love your tags! This one is so beautiful!